Last updated: May 1, 2020
Information collects and use
The “Assay” extension will collect the data: the tab URL (activeTab), this information is mandatory for the extension to function and those collected URLs are not retained either local or remote location.
The “Assay” extension uses storage.sync to store user data such as extension configuration. When using storage.sync, the stored data will automatically be synced to any Chrome browser that the user is logged into, provided the user has sync enabled.
The “Assay” extension does not collect any sort of personal information
Required permissions and its purpose
- requires to store the user data such as extension configuration
- this permission is must require to use along with the webRequest & webResponse to monitor and log the web requests & response in order to perform live HTTP headers analysis of the currently active tab when the user invokes the extension by clicking its browser action option or context menu.
- requires to facilitate the extension option via right-click
- this permission gives an extension temporary access to the currently active tab when the user invokes the extension - for example by clicking its context menu and access to the tab lasts while the user is on that page, and is revoked when the user navigates away or closes the tab.
- requires to monitor the web request & response of the currently active tab when the user invokes the extension and log those traffic headers to do further analysis in detail
Changes and updates to this policy